ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2017 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Pull some hair

Glenn Reynolds has some sage advice for the Right facing an increasingly deranged Left and squadrons of SJWs resolutely doubling down:
Progressives Destroyed Normalcy And Now They’re Shocked Trump Isn’t Normal. Choose the form of your Destructor. But I disagree with the thesis of this piece that people on the right should embrace civility and normalcy. Civility and normalcy are privileges that require a broad consensus. Conservatives have been utter failures at “conserving” these traits.

Here’s my take:

There’s an old joke about a boy who complains to his mother that his little sister keeps pulling his hair.

“Oh,” responds the mother, “she doesn’t know that it hurts.”

A few minutes later, the mother hears the girl scream and runs into the other room. “She knows now,” the boy explains.

There’s a lesson for Republicans in that old joke, if they’re smart enough to absorb it.

I think that Trump is smart enough. Go pull some hair.
Conservatives and moderates - or if you prefer, losers - are always concerned more about form than substance. They subscribe to the Fallacy of Nice, which is that wickedness stems from ill-treatment, and therefore good will result from kindness. This reliably fails, because it requires ignoring both observable human behavior as well as the entire written history of Man. Glenn is absolutely right to disagree with the Federalist article, which concludes, in typically idiotic fashion:
Conservatives, Don’t Use the Tactics of the Left

A big part of what conservatives are meant to conserve is decency, decorum, and respect. We should oppose shouting expletives at those we disagree with. We should oppose public shaming and boycotts. We should oppose cruel mockery as a legitimate means to achieve our ends.

Those on the alt-right and their apologists tell us that we must use the Left’s tactics to defeat them. This is wrong. It’s wrong because there is no distinction between tactics and politics, you cannot defeat something by becoming it.
What shameless dishonesty. I don't know what I despise more about conservatives, their fecklessness or their smug, shameless, self-righteous dishonesty. Tactics are not politics are not objectives are not ideals; just as the US Marines did not become the Wehrmacht by adopting maneuver warfare, the Alt-Right will not become SJWs due to the effective use of rhetoric and going on the offensive. The fact that the ends may or may not justify the means does not mean that the ends are the means.

American conservatism is a failed political posture; it can reasonably be described as the political philosophy of failure. That is why the Alt-Right is the only reasonable political philosophy for anyone who wishes to oppose the madness of SJWs and the Left's dream of a fully converged social justice state. Nothing else offers more than the promise - usually false - of holding one's political ground.

In this vein, I absolutely adore Glenn's idea of restoring the 20 percent tax on motion picture theater gross revenues and applying it to all Hollywood products. Trump and the GOP should institute it immediately. Tax EVERY Democrat-dominated industry at the highest rate applied by the US tax code; after all, Democrats just love high taxes.

Pull some hair. Kick some ass. Bring more cowbell. Remember, the Alt-Right doesn't believe in noble defeat, it believes in WINNING.

Labels: ,

134 Comments:

Anonymous 5343 Kinds of Deplorable January 19, 2017 8:04 AM  

Yes! Absolutely. Tax the crap out of everything the Left loves, especially the frivolous stuff.

Anonymous Donald Trump January 19, 2017 8:06 AM  

Tax EVERY Democrat-dominated industry at the highest rate applied by the US tax code; after all, Democrats just love high taxes.

Fake Academia needs to spend less time on safe spaces and more on issuing worthwhile degrees!

Blogger Stg58/Animal Mother January 19, 2017 8:16 AM  

LIBERALS BREATHE AIR

CONSETVATIVES BREATHE AIR

OMG STOP BREATHING

Anonymous Basket of Deplorables January 19, 2017 8:19 AM  

Cap the mortgage interest deduction at $24k/yr, declining by $2k/yr until it gets to 8k, and eliminate the deductability of state/local/property taxes. There is no reason high tax/high cost blue states should be subsidized with lowered federal tax burden. They should pay their fair share. Maybe if you're generous, give every filer a $1k/yr deduction for state and another $1k/yr for local taxes. If you don't have state/local taxes, it is free money, and if you have more than that, no reason to be subsidized.

And the way to 'fix' health care/insurance is to either a) make individual insurance tax deductible or b) tax individuals with income attributed to the cost of their healthcare insurance paid by employer. Get the employers out of the chain, make it a noromal individual market, and then let it cross state lines.

Tax them on their taxes.

Anonymous Rocklea January 19, 2017 8:22 AM  

"Choose the form of your Destructor"

I have visions of The God Emperor Ascendant in the form a giant Stay Puft Marshmellow Man chasing Trigglypuff, she doesn't know wether to run or try and eat him.

Blogger DemonicProfessorEl January 19, 2017 8:25 AM  

"Tactics are not politics are not objectives; just as the US Marines did not become the Wehrmacht by adopting maneuver warfare, the Alt-Right will not become SJWs due to the effective use of rhetoric. The fact that the ends may not justify the means does not mean that the ends are the means."

Exactly this. I think we're expected to just grab some ankle and get crushed by tank treads.

I wonder if, when confronted with the World War 2 analogy, the cucks would say something to the effect of: "Well, Hitler eventually committed suicide, so...we didn't need to bomb him at all," or some such.

I learned a long time ago that to the cuck and the SJW, logical fallacies are their preferred argumentative tactic...

And I've been glad to see Glenn Reynolds and Instapundit, in general, have been a lot more on target lately.

Even their commentors. I recently saw "Alt-Right or Die" there.

Blogger dc.sunsets January 19, 2017 8:25 AM  

The "be nice" admonitions from the pseudo-right are gaping evidence they, too, are simply part of the Cult, part of the Theocracy of Holy Homogeneous Diversity that came to dominate all Western First World nations.

For 50 years the Fabian Society and American Progressives ran the Established State Church. You don't have to be a Moldbug clone to see that the way opposition is treated today is identical to how heretics and blasphemers are treated in Saudi Arabia or Iran (with disemployment/economic ruin being substituted for beheading, that is.)

The Left is a cult. The Establishment is a Theocracy. The MSM & Higher Ed are the cloistered clergy, SJW's are their zealot/shock troops/assassins.

Playing nice? Now that the mask is coming off, I truly am able to see how Breivik will someday be hailed as a hero.

Blogger Dirtnapninja January 19, 2017 8:29 AM  

We need to find a way to tax Fake Charities like the Open Society Foundation.

Blogger sysadmn January 19, 2017 8:32 AM  

Punch back twice as hard.

It's not necessary to charge a special tax on Hollywood. Democrats are always complaining about loopholes that allow the rich to avoid taxes. Take them at their word and end the highly irregular Hollywood accounting practices (http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/09/how-hollywood-accounting-can-make-a-450-million-movie-unprofitable/245134/).

Blogger Salt January 19, 2017 8:34 AM  

Make a law that all College graduates must 1) be employable and 2) have valid degree associated job offerings within one year of graduation or tuition paid/owing is refunded/discharged. The Bullshit Degree Mill and College is a Right will dry up overnight.

Blogger dc.sunsets January 19, 2017 8:36 AM  

Watched a PBS Frontline about how "divided" is the USA now, chronicling (of course, from the Left Cult Perspective) recent (since 2010) political events.

Their worship of a POTUS who was an awed totem of Holy Diversity will, in coming decades, be as ridiculous as a current showing of Showgirls. Leftists male and female alike showed such adolescent adulation one almost expected them to get on their knees, lined up to fellate the man or anyone who looked like him.

Such people are beneath contempt. I used to pity fools whose ideology rendered them beyond behaviorally deranged. It's clear that the change in trend operating at a level below the conscious makes it easy to return their loathing.

Janet Yellen informs us that the USA is near "full employment" (redefined, of course, to include vast amounts of part time work, low wage services and an army of working-aged people out of the workforce.)

If this be apogee for the "recovery," the next phase will unleash the dogs of war.

Blogger dc.sunsets January 19, 2017 8:38 AM  

@9 Punch back twice as hard.

Yes, but as I told my sons, exercise patience. Wait for the dust to settle. Then hit them (twice as hard) when all attention is elsewhere. Then, when they come off the wall into which you slammed them all eyes are on their reaction.

Marvelous optics, then.

Blogger Salt January 19, 2017 8:39 AM  

Basket of Deplorables wrote:Cap the mortgage interest deduction at $24k/yr, declining by $2k/yr until

yada yada yada. You can't tweek a corrupt system into righteousness. Just get rid of the slave Income Tax and be done with it.

Anonymous Anonymous January 19, 2017 8:41 AM  

I also agree with Prof Reynolds's revolving door tax. Tax people who leave Gov't to the industry they are regulating, at 50% for every dollar they get above their Gov't salary.

Blogger DemonicProfessorEl January 19, 2017 8:43 AM  

Salt wrote:Make a law that all College graduates must 1) be employable and 2) have valid degree associated job offerings within one year of graduation or tuition paid/owing is refunded/discharged. The Bullshit Degree Mill and College is a Right will dry up overnight.

I was talking with someone the other day about this and the student loan debt. The misconception is that it's primarily humanities degree holders with debt problems, but the reality is STEM people face this issue as well.

What to do? The Lefty Unis get billions of tax dollars through endowments, then a bunch of tax dollars through loans.

Kill two birds with one stone, I say. Class action suit on the universities - put them on the hook to reimburse the students for essentially false advertising.

This money wouldn't go back to the FEDGOV, but to the students. It wouldn't have to be just cash. For example, for the more business-minded, they could get a voucher or grant to build a business, for example.

This would do a couple things - defang the universities of their endowments, and take the money they took and put back into the market.

Blogger VD January 19, 2017 8:43 AM  

It's not necessary to charge a special tax on Hollywood

Who said anything about "necessary"? It is desirable. And there is ample precedent.

Blogger William Meisheid January 19, 2017 8:46 AM  

I am reminded of how Elijah dealt with the prophets of Baal.

1 Kings 18:27 And at noon Elijah mocked them, saying, “Cry aloud, for he is a god. Either he is musing, or he is relieving himself, or he is on a journey, or perhaps he is asleep and must be awakened.”

Or Jesus when he mocked the Pharisees.
John 8:38-44 "I speak of what I have seen with my Father, and you do what you have heard from your father.” 39 They answered him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham's children, you would be doing the works Abraham did, 40 but now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. This is not what Abraham did. 41 You are doing the works your father did.” They said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father—even God.” 42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. 43 Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires.

Who says that mocking isn't biblical.

Anonymous Donald Trump January 19, 2017 8:48 AM  

Mel Gibson will be my liaison to Hollywood! We have important work to do!

Blogger Avalanche January 19, 2017 8:49 AM  

The conservatives reeeeeally don't get it; this is WAR and we are finally, at long last beginning to fight back!! (Not with "decency, decorum, and respect" -- but with weapons that teach them that "it hurts.")

Blogger Avalanche January 19, 2017 8:51 AM  

@4 "And the way to 'fix' health care/insurance is to either"

And PLEASE God-Emperor!! Allow individuals to buy catastrophic policies only!! I SO do not need a policy that pays for doctor visits! I REALLY need one to pay for big huge scary things!

Blogger Robert Divinity January 19, 2017 8:57 AM  

Conservatives secretly cheer the tactics and wins of the "vulgarians," hence #NeverTrumpers shamelessly try to slither into Trump Administration positions. These types are too craven and insecure to support what it takes to win so they admonish other to "play nice."

Conservatives are the debutantes who want to fuck the alpha bad boy from the trailer park but have to criticize him to remain respectable. Fuck 'em. Yeah, pull hair until the bastards are bald.

Blogger Cerdic Ricing January 19, 2017 9:01 AM  

I was talking with someone the other day about this and the student loan debt. The misconception is that it's primarily humanities degree holders with debt problems, but the reality is STEM people face this issue as well.

Part of this is due to immigration as well. Many people went into the universities to study computer science, expecting it to be practical. However, within just a few years, they'd quite handily attacked the ability to earn money off this field by bringing in many H1B people to saturate the market, making it artificially unemployable. As people were doing their degree the entire demand for local labor was drying up, due to foreigners. The context had changed very quickly, from having many more useful people to having senior people that are slavedrivers of the brown masses.

I expect to see an interesting reversal and change of circumstance when the God-Emperor Ascendant deals with them. I predict that many of the more libertine whites in the computer field will change allegiance after having that nice bone thrown at them.

Anonymous Icicle January 19, 2017 9:01 AM  

Conservatives are the debutantes who want to fuck the alpha bad boy from the trailer park but have to criticize him to remain respectable. Fuck 'em. Yeah, pull hair until the bastards are bald.

Milo?

Anonymous Donald Trump January 19, 2017 9:10 AM  

However, within just a few years, they'd quite handily attacked the ability to earn money off this field by bringing in many H1B people to saturate the market, making it artificially unemployable. As people were doing their degree the entire demand for local labor was drying up, due to foreigners.

They are going back! Not only are they depressing wages for Americans they are a security risk. Foreign governments target students and workers of the same nationality. Sad no one sees this!

Blogger Sherman Broder January 19, 2017 9:14 AM  

And yet most of Trump's cabinet nominees kiss the ass of their Democrat inquisitors at the confirmation hearings.

Bernie Sanders: "Do you believe health care is a right of every person in America?"

Why give a mealy-mouth answer? Why not answer: "Hell no, Senator. No American doctor or nurse should be forced by the government to labor on behalf of a deadbeat illegal alien. I thought you would have learned that truth in your recent failed candidacy for President. The American electorate has spoken. Pay attention."

Blogger DemonicProfessorEl January 19, 2017 9:15 AM  

Cerdic Ricing wrote:I expect to see an interesting reversal and change of circumstance when the God-Emperor Ascendant deals with them. I predict that many of the more libertine whites in the computer field will change allegiance after having that nice bone thrown at them.

And the immigrant/H1B visa thing isn't entirely new either. It was just the last year that the issue became a lot more upfront when they increased the numbers and several tech companies had the weird correlation of say, 12,000 fires in a single week...followed up by 13,000 H1B visas set up. I can't remember what Obobo raised it to, but it was something like 500k became the cap.

When you get the EEOC and visas combined and weaponized by the Left, those STEM jobs evaporate pretty quickly.

I think the God-Emperor will do this. Even the CBO recently began investigating colleges as per tuition and endowments.

Glenn Reynolds' pointing out of law school grads failing bar exams in huge numbers may be a way to go about this - have an exit exam for college grads. If they can't pass, say, an advanced SAT/ACT, then the college gets defunded for failing to educate the students.

OR go through Title IX - if they have Social Justice courses, defund due to discrimination a la Title IX.

Heheh, it's almost like the Left gave us a huge cache of Kalashnikovs :)

Blogger Dexter January 19, 2017 9:16 AM  

BEST VOX POST EVER!

AGREE!

Blogger Undocumented Pharmacist January 19, 2017 9:18 AM  

Give employers 180 days notice that all H1Bs are being revoked and the program is being discontinued.

Anonymous TLM January 19, 2017 9:19 AM  

Eliminate the entire 501C3 BS, including the 'pastor' income exemption. Then maybe, just maybe, we'll get some churches coming back around to the Biblical preaching and stop this cultural identity nonsense.

Blogger Deplorable Gaiseric January 19, 2017 9:21 AM  

Undocumented Pharmacist wrote:Give employers 180 days notice that all H1Bs are being revoked and the program is being discontinued.
90 days is generous enough.

Blogger DemonicProfessorEl January 19, 2017 9:22 AM  

Deplorable Gaiseric wrote:90 days is generous enough.

30 days, with a 60 day "fines reduced" period - a tactic the Lefty bureaucrats enjoy.

Blogger seeingsights January 19, 2017 9:25 AM  

People who advocate a policy will change their tune if they are on the receiving end of it and they dislike it. Taxing left liberal institutions would have that effect. Left liberals will be
talking like libertarians once they are on the receiving end of increased taxes.
To illustrate the point: Ursula le Guin and Harlan Ellison are lefties but they are very possessive about copyrights. Socialism for thee but not for me.

Anonymous Donald Trump January 19, 2017 9:26 AM  

Great that loser California hired that loser Eric Holder. We can investigate their Sanctuary Cities and Operation Fast and Furious at the same time. Two birds with one stone! That makes two stoned birds. Fits California!

Blogger dc.sunsets January 19, 2017 9:27 AM  

@29 Gott in himmel, man, are you daft? You'll push back all the newest social media software version rollouts and video game updates!

/sarc off.

Blogger Undocumented Pharmacist January 19, 2017 9:28 AM  

I think 90 days is fine as well, but 180 gives a company plenty of time to hire and train to a workable level a person to do the work most of these H1Bs are doing.

Though the 30/60 plan sounds like something I could get behind as well.

Blogger Scott6584 January 19, 2017 9:29 AM  

For those who self-identify as conservatives, I think there is a distinct difference between those who are "professional" conservatives, i.e. the politicians and pundit class, vs. the voters who identify as conservative. The Voters are tired of losing, and find the fact that Trump fights very refreshing. Whatever you call them, they want more fighting, and less surrendering, and they don't care about "form".

Blogger Cail Corishev January 19, 2017 9:29 AM  

It’s wrong because there is no distinction between tactics and politics, you cannot defeat something by becoming it.

There's the bleat of the moderate and the cuckservative: if you hit back at your attacker just as hard as you were hit, you become him. No distinction made for motives or who attacked first.

It's like they watched too many Captain Picard speeches and forgot it was fiction.

Blogger DemonicProfessorEl January 19, 2017 9:30 AM  

@33 Hahaha! Ah, the argumentum media socii! Damn you, sir!

Blogger seeingsights January 19, 2017 9:36 AM  

On a related note, I made a New Year's resolution to stop reading Instapundit. Instapundit tolerates two never Trump contributors to his blog: Austin Bey and Ed. During the campaign season we got demoralizing anti Trump posts from them. They are also shills for neocon foreign policies. If Instapundit allows never Trumpers on his blog, I'm not going to waste my time with it. They showed no predictive ability anyway.

Blogger DemonicProfessorEl January 19, 2017 9:37 AM  

Cail Corishev wrote:There's the bleat of the moderate and the cuckservative: if you hit back at your attacker just as hard as you were hit, you become him. No distinction made for motives or who attacked first.



Perhaps we should throw it back at them. "So, 'Mister' Cuck, by your line of logic, a person resisting a rape becomes the rapist..."

Blogger Benjamin Kraft January 19, 2017 9:37 AM  

I always despised the whole "don't X them or we'll be juuuust like them" line in entertainment.

It's so blatantly false it's just painful. No, we won't remain separate from them because we didn't lie, or steal, or torture, or murder, or rape. We only remain separate because we refuse to stop them from doing what they want to do... EXCUSE ME?!

Cuckstain USA.

Bring me back the days of Conan entertainment, when bloodily beheading the evil was not only the only sane way to live, but cleaving in twain everyone who stood between you and the evil was too.

@9. Not necessary? Neither is breathing, strictly speaking. You'll just die fast, while hollywood wants you to die slow with exquisite torture. All morality or legality aside, if I have an opportunity to plunge a dagger between my avowed mortal enemy's ribs, I'll do it without a second thought. Destroying, or at least hamstringing the mortal foe is requisite to survival.

Anonymous instasetting January 19, 2017 9:37 AM  

#20....Two errors for one.

The NT's were primarily GOPe, and secondarily Libertarians, with tertiarily Hillary trolls, with actual Conservatives dwindling in at fourth place.

Two, when you tell a joke, it needs as Rush explained, have some truth in it to make it funny.
-----------------------------
Vox is right to attack people who might be conservatives who seek to defeat evil with manners. The Left is fragile, and must be crushed.

Blogger Harsh January 19, 2017 9:37 AM  

Conservatives are determined to bring a knife to a gunfight and want us to as well. Or else we're all Nazis.

Blogger Cail Corishev January 19, 2017 9:40 AM  

Speaking of embarrassing cucks, Matt Walsh is now ridiculing the frightened leftists for crying the same doom about Trump that he whined during the campaign. I guess he's counting on his followers having memories that don't reach back more than two months.

Blogger Elkanah Haon January 19, 2017 9:40 AM  

I can't read anything by the likes of The Federalist, Cato, Reason etc anymore without grinding my teeth at the almost constant idiocy, and frequent mendacity, of what they write.

I realise that libertarianism has suffered a considerable 'brain-drain' over the last 5 years as many of the right(real)-libertarians ended up getting thoroughly redpilled and becoming part of the Alt-Right. This left behind the confused mess of left(non)libertarians and other progressives who only describe themselves as 'libertarian' because they aren't quite on board with the insanity of full-SJWism.

But even so, the adolescent nonsense coming out so many of the major libertarian figures and media now makes me wonder how I could have spent the entirity of my 20s reading their stuff and thinking it was obvious common sense.

Blogger DemonicProfessorEl January 19, 2017 9:41 AM  

Harsh wrote:Conservatives are determined to bring a knife to a gunfight and want us to as well. Or else we're all Nazis.

instasetting wrote:Vox is right to attack people who might be conservatives who seek to defeat evil with manners. The Left is fragile, and must be crushed.

UPDATE! I was just reading a new World War 2 book, and apparently the Allies defeated the Nazis with entertaining and polite tea parties. The cookies were so divine that Hitler hid in the bunker and suicided himself as the heights of Anglo-American parlor treats and jokes could never be matched.

Anonymous FP January 19, 2017 9:43 AM  

"We should oppose cruel mockery as a legitimate means to achieve our ends."

Yes, yes. You're a good boy. You dindu nuthin but point out the facts to those hypocritical real racists. You called out those deplorables who burn effigies of politicians you don't agree with but think are nice people overall. Those progressives will finally see the light if you just play nice and proper like.

Or they'll call you a racist bigot for not marching in the pride parade and disagreeing with Obamacare.

Someday your prince-iples will come and sweep away all the mean people. Till then, best bake that cake Federalists.

Blogger Avalanche January 19, 2017 9:47 AM  

The Alt Right looks into the Abyss and breathes deep. The left and cucks faint dead away in horror.

Blogger Benjamin Kraft January 19, 2017 9:51 AM  

@41. instasetting, "when you tell a joke, it needs as Rush explained, have some truth in it to make it funny."

"No one ever lies, I'm sure."

Blogger Titus Quinctius Cincinnatus January 19, 2017 9:52 AM  

Conservatives are faggots.

Anonymous FP January 19, 2017 9:58 AM  

@36 "It's like they watched too many Captain Picard speeches and forgot it was fiction."

I don't call him captain gentleman johnny for nothing.

Blogger dc.sunsets January 19, 2017 10:01 AM  

When someone can point to something conservatives actually conserved, I might listen. Naw, on second thought, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

If equality is to be achieved by hamstringing the fast and stooping the tall then those who espouse it belong in shallow graves.

Anonymous Rather, Not January 19, 2017 10:02 AM  

Another simple 'taxes that will do good and be very, very popular' measure would be to have H1B's (and other non-citizen legal labor) charged double for social security (FICA) taxes, without any eligibility for any payments, along with an additional tax on H1Bs at $100/mo, increasing by $100/mo every year. Not too painful now, small incremental cost, but clearly shifts the 'how should I build and staff my team' question away from cheap foreign labor to domestic talent. Even if the quality/cost tradeoff is mildly in favor of H1Bs now, it won't be soon enough. The double social security taxes (and no longer eligible for SS benefits) bolster social security finances, and the incremental H1B taxes bolster the general fund.

The fact that an H1B can come here, work 10 years, and get SS back in their home country, is offensive. SS doesn't go far in Peoria, but it does in Hyderabad or Medellin.

Blogger owlish January 19, 2017 10:04 AM  

I get the annoyance at the Instapundit NeverTrumpers, but Glenn gave a link to InfoGalactic today: https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/254941/

Anonymous AmericanGraffiti January 19, 2017 10:04 AM  

Exactly. Reynolds damaged his brand and readership by bringing them on board.

Blogger Benjamin Kraft January 19, 2017 10:04 AM  

@51. Why bury them when they can provide community service for a time as exemplars of what happens to degenerates?

I find gallows to be a very efficient means of meeting this efficient goal. Shallow graves come afterward.

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer January 19, 2017 10:08 AM  

Words I never thought I would say, "Vox is being entirely to kind."

Someone mentioned Picard but Yoda is who came to my mind.

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to yada yada yada."

F*** you Yoda ya stupid asshole.

Blogger pyrrhus January 19, 2017 10:08 AM  

@36 "It all started when he hit me back."

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer January 19, 2017 10:10 AM  

My theory is that a high mitachloridian count is genetically linked to low intelligence.

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer January 19, 2017 10:12 AM  

People who happen to have both a high IQ and a high mitachloridian count (quite rare) become Sith Lords.

Looked at that way, Star Wars makes sense.

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer January 19, 2017 10:13 AM  

Except for Anakin, damnit!

Blogger liberranter January 19, 2017 10:26 AM  

Pull some hair. Kick some ass. Bring more cowbell.

The Trump camp most certainly will. The tradcucks? Not a chance. These are the most callow, faggoty, hollow, and unprincipled opportunists of all time. Fortunately, their ineptitude dooms their quest for power and influence. Like the Communists they allegedly hate, they are destined for the Trashbin of History.

Blogger James Dixon January 19, 2017 10:31 AM  

> In this vein, I absolutely adore Glenn's idea of restoring the 20 percent tax on motion picture theater gross revenues and applying it to all Hollywood products.

Hollywood, the recording industry in general, and the newspaper industry, just for starters.

> We need to find a way to tax Fake Charities like the Open Society Foundation.

Revoke their IRS granted tax exemptions. The precedent has already been set with the Obama IRS treatment of the tea party groups.

> Just get rid of the slave Income Tax and be done with it.

I would prefer that, yes. But I doubt Trump recognizes the need or will have time to get to it.

> OR go through Title IX - if they have Social Justice courses, defund due to discrimination a la Title IX.

That would be appropriate, yes.

> To illustrate the point: Ursula le Guin and Harlan Ellison are lefties but they are very possessive about copyrights

Agreed. Another good way to attack the media institutions: restore rational copyright limits. 28 years with a 28 year renewal was actually fairly reasonable.

Blogger kurt9 January 19, 2017 10:45 AM  

Conservatives and moderates - or if you prefer, losers - are always concerned more about form than substance. They subscribe to the Fallacy of Nice, which is that wickedness stems from ill-treatment, and therefore good will result from kindness.

Yep. This was me, politically speaking. However, I prefer to fight fire with fire these days.

Anonymous instasetting January 19, 2017 10:48 AM  

#48

What are you talking about?

#45

The cucumber sandwhiches were particularly effective.

#44

"Libertarianism is the philosophy of the adolescent mind seeking cheap certainties." Its good for you to start noticing.

Blogger Timmy3 January 19, 2017 10:50 AM  

Hollywood actually wants China to buy its movie companies. I never heard of such ridiculousness. Do they know what they're doing?

OpenID basementhomebrewer January 19, 2017 10:59 AM  

Tax Hollywood. I don't care to tax individual mom and pop theaters but the studios and theater conglomerates are fair game.

I don't like it but I agree with the tactic of disallowing deductions for state and local taxes. Make their out of control State level socialism hurt more.

Disallow tax exempt status for all organizations that engage in public protests, fund arms length organizations that engage in public protests or engage in lobbying of the government directly or indirectly.

Charities that have overhead costs in excess of 10% will be taxed on every dollar over that %. In fact they will be taxed at 70% for every dollar over 10%. No more getting rich off your "Non-profit Charity".

Anonymous BBGKB January 19, 2017 11:00 AM  

Tax EVERY Democrat-dominated industry at the highest rate applied by the US tax code; after all, Democrats just love high taxes.

Hollywood gets so many tax breaks and incentives its hard to tell how many movies pay more in taxes than the receive from taxpayers, but its a good chance its in the minority.

Make a law that all College graduates must 1) be employable and 2) have valid degree associated job offerings within one year of graduation or tuition paid/owing is refunded/discharged. The Bullshit Degree Mill and College is a Right will dry up overnight

Mother of all disparate impacts. Actually I meet a girl who was just got a 8 hours a week job at a hospital who had $50k+ & was working at a supermarket, who when she started school there where headhunters calling up hospitals trying to get those that worked there to work somewhere else. She was an Ultrasound tech with a batchlor's degree & her field got flooded because it isn't a profession, doctors make all the decisions nationally for the paraprofession including how many schools to open. It turned out one of her co workers didn't have any degree and cross trained into ultrasound back in the day. I guess that's like when people could just take the RN test & if you passed you were an RN when merit mattered.

Bernie Sanders: "Do you believe health care is a right of every person in America?"

Sanders got kicked out of a hippy commune for not doing his fair share.

When you get the EEOC and visas combined and weaponized by the Left, those STEM jobs evaporate pretty quickly.

Then you get people auctioning off brown vagina programmers from central America with fake diploma mill credentialization.

Anonymous NateM January 19, 2017 11:01 AM  

"Tax Film Revenue 20%"

Couldn't. Then they wouldn't be able to manipulate the revenue of their films anymore to pretend they are profitable when they aren't, or not profitable when they are trying to screw some actor or director on their backend percentage. They can't have the IRS crawling up the asses of the hollywood elite.

Blogger Cataline Sergius January 19, 2017 11:02 AM  

The movie industry used to be smarter than this.

Back in the day of the Moguls, Hollywood had a foot in each camp. Talent went supported the left wing and the Moguls supported the Right.

Around 1970 or so that all changed when the Baby Moguls took over the studios.

So far they have been spared any serious downsides to their activism due to some accidents of history.

The first president who might have been able to bring some pain to Hollywood was Ronald Reagan. Even if he had been inclined to harm his old industry, Lew Wasserman held a huge marker from him and Reagan always paid his debts.

Next came the Bush cucks, who would never dream of harming a liberal institution.

So after 45 years of GOP inaction Hollywood think's it's bullet proof.

It ain't.

Blogger Scott6584 January 19, 2017 11:08 AM  

Benjamin Kraft wrote:I always despised the whole "don't X them or we'll be juuuust like them" line in entertainment.

It's so blatantly false it's just painful. No, we won't remain separate from them because we didn't lie, or steal, or torture, or murder, or rape. We only remain separate because we refuse to stop them from doing what they want to do... EXCUSE ME?!

Cuckstain USA.

Bring me back the days of Conan entertainment, when bloodily beheading the evil was not only the only sane way to live, but cleaving in twain everyone who stood between you and the evil was too.

@9. Not necessary? Neither is breathing, strictly speaking. You'll just die fast, while hollywood wants you to die slow with exquisite torture. All morality or legality aside, if I have an opportunity to plunge a dagger between my avowed mortal enemy's ribs, I'll do it without a second thought. Destroying, or at least hamstringing the mortal foe is requisite to survival.


I have the same complaint about people who worry about if we are too harsh and barbaric when conducting war. In my opinion, the point of war is to completely dominate and subjugate the enemy, which includes the civilian population. ANYTHING IS ACCEPTABLE to accomplish that goal in the shortest amount of time, with the least amount of casualties to American Fighting Forces. Holding back out of concern for appearing too barbaric is totally immoral, and only leads to a lack of victory, and more long-term pain for both the enemy and ourselves. The time for mercy is AFTER complete submission by the enemy. I've been saying that for 25 years, ever since the Gulf Ware under Papa Bush. I absolutely despise Colin Powell for advising Bush to stop short, and despise Schwartzkopf for agreeing with the logic.

If you go to war, only TOTAL VICTORY is acceptable. If you refuse to prosecute the war to its completion, then you have no business going to war in the first place. And tactics be damned, you do whatever is necessary to win. Be as brutal and merciless as necessary to win in the shortest amount of time. The whole concept of "limited warfare" that started with the creation of the United Nations, and the Korean War is anethema to victory, and it is why we have not won a war since WWII.

Now, the Left have self-identified as not just political opponents, but enemies of the state. And ANY TACTIC is justified in defeating them. Being squirmish about taking the fight to the enemy disgusts me, and many others. Trump Fights. It is his overwhelmingly number one positive trait. I initially supported Scott Walker not because of his particular policies, but because he had been willing to FIGHT against political enemies in Wisconsin. I liked Cruz (I know, I know) because he was willing to FIGHT against Republican leadership in Congress, not just Democrats.

At this point, policies are secondary to having someone in the Office of the President that is willing to FIGHT for the American people. I DON"T CARE if Trump makes mistakes, or if he fits my perfect definition of a conservative President - as long as he keep FIGHTING. If others call me a hypocritical cheerleader, well then hand me some pom poms.

Blogger Benjamin Kraft January 19, 2017 11:24 AM  

@58. Ron Winkleheimer. Would you agree that intelligence can be partially measured by one's predilection for accurate spelling? If so, your midichlorian count is (too) high.

Blogger Dangeresque January 19, 2017 11:32 AM  

"I absolutely adore Glenn's idea of restoring the 20 percent tax on motion picture theater gross revenues and applying it to all Hollywood products."

Wow! These are excellent ideas. I seriously hope someone is forwarding this stuff to the God-Emporer himself. Now that it appears China is buying up a large portion of Hollywood, I expect the communist propaganda it pushes to be increasingly literal.

Anonymous CarpeOro January 19, 2017 11:32 AM  

"It’s wrong because there is no distinction between tactics and politics, you cannot defeat something by becoming it."

Actually, there has been almost no distinction between the actions of "conservatives" elected to office and the Left. If the means and the ends are supposed to be different they have done a horrible job showing how they differ from the left regarding ends.

Deplorable VFM 105

Blogger dc.sunsets January 19, 2017 11:36 AM  

Taxphobes should understand that when (not if, when) the US hits a snag in borrowing, and all bills have to be paid for by prior taxation, taxes won't go down. They'll skyrocket until comes the revolution.

This will occur amidst an unprecedented economic crisis as mucho-trillion-dollar promises of future cash flows evaporate in domino fashion. Think of all the tens of millions of squealing piglets used to draining Uncle Sam's endless (you know), from oligarchs to Latrina-the-ex-hooker, suddenly finding only a tiny drop over which to battle.

That's what we're all really waiting for. This "Trump stuff" is just the first instrumentalist who arrived beginning to tune his violin in the orchestra pit. The Overture hasn't even remotely begun.

Blogger DemonicProfessorEl January 19, 2017 11:37 AM  

BBGKB wrote:Then you get people auctioning off brown vagina programmers from central America with fake diploma mill credentialization.

This is the state of things now.

On the other hand, Laquanda and Shtavion earned their degrees through 25 years' experience being (insert minority). Most white guys only have like, eight years' experience doing anything. Mostly being oppressive.

Anonymous PrayForJustice January 19, 2017 11:40 AM  

Who cares about SJWs when we have Mike Cernovich ready, willing and able to destroy our own? It's even better when stalwarts like VoxDay enable such traitors!

Blogger Retrenched January 19, 2017 11:42 AM  

The fatal flaw of mainstream conservatives is that they'd rather be liked by their enemies than be victorious over them.

OT... CNN pushing assassination fantasy porn on the eve of the inauguration.

http://www.infowars.com/cnn-if-trump-is-killed-during-inauguration-obama-appointee-would-be-president/

Anonymous BBGKB January 19, 2017 11:46 AM  

Pull some hair

If you cant make it to the inauguration protest because of work, on Saturday there will be women's "marches" across the US against TRUMP. I will probably go to one with a WHITE LIVES MATTER sign with whitegirlbleedalot link listed. https://www.womensmarch.com/sisters?source=moveon

Blogger Benjamin Kraft January 19, 2017 11:47 AM  

@74. Repaid to whom though? That's where it's going to get ugly, because we all know who. You're only looking at purging the parasites at the low and mid levels, but in reality the debt is also owned by parasites, and all will be purged, along with a heck of a lot of the sheep-people too weak, overspecialized, and unprepared to survive nature.

@75. DemonicProfessorEl, you are correct.

@76. PrayForJustice, you're purity spiraling absurdly.

Anonymous Athor Pel January 19, 2017 11:49 AM  

" William Meisheid January 19, 2017 8:46 AM
...
Or Jesus when he mocked the Pharisees.
John 8 "...v.41 ... They said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father—even God."
...
"


The part I quoted is the interesting bit. The very justification they used to crucify Him they themselves said about themselves. "...We have one Father—even God..."

Absolutely no shame. They deserve every bit of mockery coming their way.

Blogger James Dixon January 19, 2017 11:52 AM  

> I don't like it but I agree with the tactic of disallowing deductions for state and local taxes.

No need to disallow it. Merely cap it at something reasonable like 5% of income. Oh, your state charges 10%+? Maybe you should take that up with your state legislature.

Blogger DemonicProfessorEl January 19, 2017 11:52 AM  

Benjamin Kraft wrote:@74. Repaid to whom though? That's where it's going to get ugly, because we all know who. You're only looking at purging the parasites at the low and mid levels, but in reality the debt is also owned by parasites, and all will be purged, along with a heck of a lot of the sheep-people too weak, overspecialized, and unprepared to survive nature.



Thank you re: @75.

As for the tax parasites - yes, correct about the low-hanging fruit of some 25k a year county clerk whose 401k only matches up to 5k in a pension. That's small potatoes.

It's the higher ups, like city managers, lobby-cronies, university admin, mayors, city councils, fake management jobbers. The folks who pull in 100+k a year with pensions up to 100k/year on that.

Plus earmarking and "discretionary" spending.

That's why the Democrats were in such a tizzy about Rick Snyder in Michigan having third party bookkeepers in Dem cities - they axed a lot of those $5,000 toilet seats and fictional jobs.

Getting rid of a dozen park rangers does nothing. It's the deep government (Cathedral) types looting cities and states of their revenues.

Word.

Blogger James Dixon January 19, 2017 11:54 AM  

> Who cares about SJWs when we have Mike Cernovich ready, willing and able to destroy our own? It's even better when stalwarts like VoxDay enable such traitors!

We don't care.

Anonymous #8601 January 19, 2017 11:57 AM  

@74 Taxphobes should understand that when (not if, when) the US hits a snag in borrowing

The US govt debt is entirely in US dollars, which can be printed at will. There will indeed be a revolution, but it won't be related to US govt debt.

Blogger Nathan Braun January 19, 2017 12:03 PM  

We need to tax the shit out of non-profits and charities.

They are havens for worthless people who can't cut it in the private businesses

Blogger VD January 19, 2017 12:13 PM  

Who cares about SJWs when we have Mike Cernovich ready, willing and able to destroy our own? It's even better when stalwarts like VoxDay enable such traitors!

They're not our own. They're not even on our side.

Anonymous Vin January 19, 2017 12:18 PM  

Humble/fix academia in only 2 steps:

1) Require the university to cosign the federal student loans

2) allow students loans to be discharged in bankruptcy.

What kid owing $100k wouldn't just take a few years of bad credit to have it all erased?

Anonymous jOHN MOSBY January 19, 2017 12:21 PM  

85. Nathan Braun
So non - profits like say, the Salvation Army and St. Vincent De Paul should have the shit taxed out of them ?
Are you sure about that, pal ?

Blogger tuberman January 19, 2017 12:22 PM  

VD,

"A big part of what conservatives are meant to conserve is decency, decorum, and respect. We should oppose shouting expletives at those we disagree with. We should oppose public shaming and boycotts. We should oppose cruel mockery as a legitimate means to achieve our ends."

It is these imbecilic refrains that pushes any intelligent human to the Alt-Right. I see evidence of National Review "conservatism" like the above popping up in unexpected sites. Usually with some squishy stupidity like, "Only God has the right to judge."

I want to answer, "No, that's in the hereafter, but we can see the truth now, in the physical world, and I will judge, Traitors and Terrorists to America and Western Civilization."

Blogger emx1 January 19, 2017 12:23 PM  

Another simple H1-B fix is to let H1-Bs switch employer upon arrival.

The appeal of H1-Bs is that they have no bargaining power. Once they can switch jobs, their salaries quickly rise, and the only ones that will stay employed are ones who actually provide a large amount of marginal value over Americans of similar competence.

There's a reason that Silicon Valley corporations like the H1-B form specifically.

Blogger Benjamin Kraft January 19, 2017 12:27 PM  

@84. #8601, and yet (((they))) continually remind us about the national debt. Surely you can see that this is a goad towards (((their))) agendas? The fact that it is printed in "US Dollars" means precisely nothing when the ((("Federal"))) Reserve controls that supply.

Agreed that US-govt. debt will not be the entire basis for the revolution, but as a major arm-of-power for those to be revolted against, it is certainly part of the equation, and will inevitably see the fire.

Blogger Benjamin Kraft January 19, 2017 12:33 PM  

@88. jOHN MOSEBY, Obviously there needs to be a simple and precise mechanism for discerning between the two. I for one like the concept of massively taxing "overhead" costs that exceed a certain percentage of contributions.

@89. tuberman, "As a Christian I may not judge your sins, but as a Citizen it is my Duty to judge your crimes. Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's."

@90. emx1, no, because they are still under pressure to maintain their H1-B, even if that pressure is distributed. Monopolies (which exist, don't kid yourself) will, especially, not even notice the sting of such a measure.

Blogger Durandel Almiras January 19, 2017 12:38 PM  

"Those on the alt-right and their apologists tell us that we must use the Left’s tactics to defeat them. This is wrong. It’s wrong because there is no distinction between tactics and politics, you cannot defeat something by becoming it."

Cuckservatives, for all their talk about preserving Christianity, it would seem that their religious theology is more Star Wars than Christian.

If you use Force Lighting to kill the Emperor, you'll then have a consuming lust for power and want to impose totalitarianism on the galaxy because because! Better to just die and lose and become a glowing blue thing because muh principles and muh constitution!

Anonymous CarpeOro January 19, 2017 12:56 PM  

I recently was blessed with a new job getting me back home to Michigan from the Chicago metro area. My wife is doing showings of our leased townhouse. Six showings, all too Indians. No doubt one or two were working for the outsource company that my previous employer is in the process of bringing in. A Blue Cross Blue Shield vendor that is a "not for profit" - not a non-profit, not publicly traded or privately held. Everyone is going to lose from the out-sourcing except the executives peddling the BS that it saves money. I say eliminate the category entirely. They opposed Obamacare for all of five minutes - until they realized how much they could boost their bonuses in the short term. Oh, and the wunderkind they brought in to run the outsourcing? It went so well at the previous company he did it that they are already insourcing IT again - less than five years after he left.

OpenID basementhomebrewer January 19, 2017 1:03 PM  

jOHN MOSBY wrote:85. Nathan Braun

So non - profits like say, the Salvation Army and St. Vincent De Paul should have the shit taxed out of them ?

Are you sure about that, pal ?


That's why my proposal was based on overhead costs. If your overhead is below 10% you are free and clear. If you run over that line taxes become 70% or more. There needs to be a measure in place to prevent leeches from founding charities to enrich themselves instead of to help people.

Blogger James Dixon January 19, 2017 1:07 PM  

> The US govt debt is entirely in US dollars, which can be printed at will. There will indeed be a revolution, but it won't be related to US govt debt.

And what of the people who hold that debt, who will be paid off in then worthless dollars? Do you suppose their economic activity just might take a hit? And what about those debts held by other countries like China? Wars have been started for less.

Besides, simply repudiating the debt is even easier.

Anonymous #8601 January 19, 2017 1:43 PM  

@96 James,

Let's not sidetrack this thread by talking about the US govt debt. I'll just say quickly that it could all be paid off tomorrow in one giant QE with very little inflationary consequences.

@Benjamin - good point about (((who))) controls the Fed.

Blogger Were-Puppy January 19, 2017 1:47 PM  

Pull some hair. Kick some ass. Bring more cowbell. Remember, the Alt-Right doesn't believe in noble defeat, it believes in WINNING.
---

This OP reminded me of some time back when I was in Kali martial arts class. They would sometimes pair us up with new white belts, who would inevitably wack your knuckles. Which hurts like hell.

I brought it up to a more senior student, and he said, "You want them to stop, hit them back twice as hard on their knuckles".

And it works muahahahaaaaa

Blogger JW January 19, 2017 1:55 PM  

I believe that Lenin also taught that the end justifies the means. That philosophy is the ticket to hell.

Blogger Were-Puppy January 19, 2017 1:56 PM  

@25 DemonicProfessorEl
Heheh, it's almost like the Left gave us a huge cache of Kalashnikovs :)
---

It is. Trump is already benefiting from one of them, placed there by Harry Reid. The Nuclear Option

Blogger Kyle Searle January 19, 2017 1:57 PM  

If you're going to tax charities for excessive overhead, surely you should use a 'progressive' taxation scheme, ending at about the same marginal level Eisenhower had for income tax. That was 90 % if I remember correctly. Also then the IRS should publish tax rates for all registered charities. That would make it easy to sort the wheat from the chaff for any online charity rating scheme.

Blogger Were-Puppy January 19, 2017 2:00 PM  

@40 Benjamin Kraft

Bring me back the days of Conan entertainment, when
bloodily beheading the evil was not only the only sane way to live, but cleaving in twain everyone who stood between you and the evil was too.
---

Yay lets do it

Blogger Cail Corishev January 19, 2017 2:23 PM  

Good point to those who said Yoda is an even better reference than Picard. Even though the movie proved Yoda wrong: Luke went against Yoda's warnings and attacked Vader with anger -- and though he lost, he never went over to the Dark Side, or even appeared to struggle that much with it.

It may be true that sometimes the noble warrior who leads the coup against the tyrant ends up becoming a tyrant himself. But that's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about adopting some tactics that, up til now, many on our side had considered off-limits. That's not "becoming them"; that's making a tactical adjustment.

And look at the tactics the Federalist writer wants us to eschew. If a man doesn't want to shout expletives because he thinks it'll turn him into a monster, fine. Every man has to decide his own limits (as long as he doesn't lecture others that they should follow his). But boycotts? Since when did refusing to purchase products from companies you don't like become an immoral leftist tactic? He doesn't just want to rule out cruel tactics; he wants to rule out the polite, passive ones as well. That's what cucks do: if someone somewhere might be offended or harmed by what you're doing, the right thing to do is to stop. And this will lead to eventual victory....somehow.

Blogger Benjamin Kraft January 19, 2017 2:33 PM  

@102. I'm working on something like a fusion already actually.

Blogger tublecane January 19, 2017 2:47 PM  

In Karl Marx's writing on the then new, liberalized Prussian censorship laws, which I was reading the other day, he touches on something that I think will cast light on this whole Fallacy of Nice phenomenon. Whereas once they censored content, they now sought to be tone police. You were supposedlt allowed to come to whatever conclusion you wanted (I imagine there were restrictions on advocating the violent overthrow of the government and suchlike, but I don't actually know), so long as you had good manners. Which Marx bristled against, as you can imagine.

His case was that truth was not found only in the conclusion, but that the whole, long road to truth was truth as well, and restricting how he expressed himself would be in effect to censor his conclusion. He also pointed out how all would depend on the temperament of the censor, which would inevitably be arbitrary.

Point is, he wasn't actually talking about truth. He was talking about persuasion. I don't know whether he was a full-blown communist at that point, but if he were, bourgeois liberal politeness wouldn't help his cause, would it? No, he's better off talking about fire and brimstone, which he did. Because that wakes people up to action. National Review articles don't.

(cont.)

Blogger SteelPalm January 19, 2017 2:47 PM  

Absolutely love the idea of a Hollywood tax. It would be very, very difficult for the over-paid, degenerate actors making constant unhinged anti-Trump videos to cull much sympathy from the public, either.

GREAT idea, and I hope someone suggests this to the God Emperor.

Anonymous Epimandes January 19, 2017 2:55 PM  

Conservatives and moderates - or if you prefer, losers - are always concerned more about form than substance.

People who don't think that the ends justify the means are losers. That's rich. It was most fitting for you to move to Italy, because you are surely the spiritual descendant of Machiavelli.

Blogger James Dixon January 19, 2017 3:09 PM  

> People who don't think that the ends justify the means are losers.

People who use the excuse that the end does not justify the means in an attempt to explain away their losing are losers.

> It was most fitting for you to move to Italy, because you are surely the spiritual descendant of Machiavelli.

Vox will undoubtedly thank you for the compliment, if he bothers to read your post.

Blogger tublecane January 19, 2017 3:10 PM  

(cont. from @105)

Politeness is worth preserving, because without it civilization, and especially our fragile, modern civilization, is impossible. Certainly peaceful politics is impossible without shared customs, habits, understandings, and so forth, most of which are informal and thought to be understood, though they aren't fully. They're communicated through, among other things (education, etc.) courtesy, manners, politeness, civility, etc. I can't stress enough the importance of tipping your hat and saying "Milady."

So you can see why idiot, loser conservatives set politeness up as something to defend. But a few problems: one, the enemy, the left, has been trying to supplant traditional civility with what has been broadly termed Political Correctness. Polite society is still largely based on the old liberal bourgeois (or whatever you prefer to call it) order encountered by Marx, though augmented. The left can't recreate modernity, but they can place a freakish parody of our civilization parallel to our real civilization and pretend no, no, no, *this* is what we've been evolving towards.

Conservatives thus get tricked into defending counterfeit PC civility as the real thing. Or, in some cases, they know the difference but play by PC rules of decorum anyway. Because the only alternative they see is CHAOS.

The leftover Old Order civility, against which Marx himself bristled, doesn't just defend bourgeois society. It is a bulwark to defend any order, even deranged, degenerate, anti-civilizational PC order. The enemy controls polite society, therefore it gets to decide what's out of bounds. Surprise, surprise, it favors its own side.

(cont.)

Blogger Danby January 19, 2017 3:13 PM  

@JW and Epimandes
Are either of you capable of reading comprehension.
Where, in all this discussion, does anyone here (except ScottyNumbers who's only marginally associated with the alt-Right, and would probably describe himself as Conservative) claim the end justifies the means?
The initial assertion was that using the enemy's tactics turns you into the enemy. Which is ridiculous on it's face.
So start fucking reading what's written, instead of the weird notions that drift into your heads from some Aetheric plane.

Vox, how long until this lying petulant fuck Epimandes is banned? I'm asking for a friend.

Blogger James Dixon January 19, 2017 3:18 PM  

> Recall that there's a reason why the Devil's name "Old Nick" and Niccolo's name sound so similar.

Yeah. Not so much so: http://blog.oup.com/2013/06/old-nick-etymology-word-origin/

Blogger tublecane January 19, 2017 3:18 PM  

(cont. from @110)

Now, if conservatives wanted to win they'd adopt the tactics of Marx. Yes, evil Marx. You know, when we win we don't have to turn the country into a killing field. Communism isn't entailed in the recommendations of Marx to ignore the rules of good manners in order to make a stronger rhetorical case.

I believe mamy are susceptible to the Fallacy of Niceness. They don't just think they'll win despite hamstringing themselves. They don't just think at least they'll win the moral victory, whatever the outcome. They actually think they'll win because of their self-imposed censorship.

But they're not the only ones. Possibly the bigger group doesn't even know what's happening. Even ones who write whole articles about why we shouldn't adopt the tactics of the left (as if they invented or own them). They abide by prevailing standards of decency, with the double standards and lopsided enforcement, without thinking about the center of politics: who/whom.

Blogger tublecane January 19, 2017 3:25 PM  

@103-Luke didn't succumb to temptation, but his choice in the famous "I am your father" scene was join or die. He chose death, and surviving his suicide attempt was a fluke. I am more than certain part of Yoda's warning, besides Luke's susceptibility to the dark side due to his insufficient training, was that if Darth Vader didn't turn him he'd kill him. And a dead Luke is no good to anyone.

Blogger tublecane January 19, 2017 3:29 PM  

@114-Your analogy doesn't work, because I can't tell what you're insinuating. Because normal when people say "Hitler was against [X]," they mean to say "X" is a good thing. Or if Hitler was in favor of something, that that something is bad. That's how Hitler is used in our culture, because most people implicitly distrust Hitler.

Blogger Danby January 19, 2017 3:33 PM  

Epimandes wrote:(and you agree with unstated premise that the enemy's tactics are evil), then the logical consequence is that the difference in ends justifies the means (the tactics in question).

You see, most people don't think that smoking is evil. Bad, perhaps, certainly unhealthy, but not evil.
The point is that boycotts, mockery, emotional triggering, disemployment, name calling, etc ARE NOT EVIL.
If that is your assertion of our unstated premise, then you are not only wrong, but stupid as fuck.

Blogger VD January 19, 2017 3:33 PM  

If I were to say "Hitler was against smoking" and just leave it at that, I wouldn't be claiming that smoking is bad (because I didn't say the words "smoking is bad" verbatim), but it's very clear that I'm insinuating something. When someone says that using the enemy's tactics doesn't turn you into the enemy because you and the enemy have different goals, (and you agree with unstated premise that the enemy's tactics are evil), then the logical consequence is that the difference in ends justifies the means (the tactics in question).

You're lying and attempting to deceive. Banned and spammed. Adios Epimandes.

Vox, how long until this lying petulant fuck Epimandes is banned?

Wait no more.

Blogger Danby January 19, 2017 3:43 PM  

Thanks. He was getting on my nerves.

Anonymous BBGKB January 19, 2017 4:10 PM  

"Hitler was against smoking" He was against corruption also.

Blogger DonReynolds January 19, 2017 4:33 PM  

Just worth mentioning.....there was a tribe of Reynolds who left Ireland and landed in Philadelphia, then took the stagecoach to the Copper Hill vicinity near Knoxville. At the time, this was still North Carolina, but would later be Tennessee. Some of the Reynolds drifted down the Tennessee River to the Ohio River. One was the fourth governor of Illinios....John "Old Ranger" Reynolds. For a time, the Reynolds had their own cemetery in Knoxville, but it was moved to make room for Interstate 40, back in the 1950s.
I am pretty sure Glenn Reynolds is part of this same tribe of Scot-Irish pioneers.

Blogger James Dixon January 19, 2017 4:47 PM  

> Wait no more.

It was only a matter of time.

Blogger Skyler the Weird January 19, 2017 8:47 PM  

Obama pardons Radicals? Trump should pardon all music and movie Pirates.

Anonymous Gen. Kong January 19, 2017 10:01 PM  

In this vein, I absolutely adore Glenn's idea of restoring the 20 percent tax on motion picture theater gross revenues and applying it to all Hollywood products. Trump and the GOP should institute it immediately. Tax EVERY Democrat-dominated industry at the highest rate applied by the US tax code; after all, Democrats just love high taxes.

Absolutely. Repeal NAFTA, repeal GATT, repeal Sonny Bono (Mickey-Mouse Copyright law), not only restoration of movie taxes but raise taxes on all Marxoid parasite industries (banksters, lawyers, movies, fake news, academia) - as they (the truly rich) are always whining about how the rich pay no taxes. Make them eat their words. Get rid of 501c(3) for everyone. Way too many foundations are nothing more than slush funds for (((Soros))) and other parasites. This all in addition to serious deportations and building the damned wall. After that we can start thinking about impeaching and removing all manner of the blackrobed philosopher-kings.

Blogger bob kek mando ( Death To The Boor-geois, Keks To The Lol-etariat ) January 19, 2017 10:48 PM  

122. Gen. Kong January 19, 2017 10:01 PM
Make them eat their words. Get rid of 501c(3) for everyone.


while i agree that this would be an excellent step, the fact that so many churchians have retardly organized as 501(c)(3) practically guarantees that this will never be done.

the Congress enjoys too well the thought of thought policing the pulpit.

and if we got rid of ALL 501(c)(3)s, the churchians might finally notice that ... the IRS specifically excludes both churches and the donations made to them as being reportable or taxable.

http://2m2l2d2d.blogspot.com/2017/01/no-real-church-in-us-is-501c3.html

Blogger JP January 20, 2017 12:14 AM  

There were still a few good libertarians out there. Walter Block headed Libertarians For Trump, and Thomas Woods, Lew Rockwell, and the guy from Antiwar.com were pro-Trump as well. From what I saw, the only "good" libertarians that remained anti-T were the Pauls, which was a bit of a stab in the back.

Blogger JP January 20, 2017 12:20 AM  

Damn straight!

Blogger JP January 20, 2017 12:25 AM  

Early in his campaign he talked a lot about a version of Fairtax, to drastically simplify the tax code. Later he talked about tarriffs. Don't count him out yet.

Anonymous Colorado Confederate January 20, 2017 1:07 AM  

A great deal of blame must be put on the shoulders of the late William F. Buckley.

The Birchers and the McCarthyites, for all of their faults, did at least recognize that the left (commies, subversives, shadowy dark-state figures, &c.) constituted an existential threat to Western Civilization and took steps to eradicate such. Buckley turned such a struggle into a glorified game: The Liberals vs. The Conservatives, no different from the Yankees vs. the Red Sox... Score enough runs, or enough erudite zingers against the Left, and eventually victory would await.

It is indeed heartening to see more and more right-thinking people rejecting this con-game.

Anonymous To Mock a Killingbird January 20, 2017 2:10 AM  

@28

Churches are not exempt because they qualify as 501(c)(3)'s, but because they are churches, the exemption is merely codified in 501(c)(3)-their exemption is the flip side of that famous "wall of separation, the odious Johnson Amendment-specifically criticized by President Elect Trump in the campaign-not withstanding.

Blogger Duke Norfolk January 20, 2017 7:50 AM  

I'd love to see Steven Crowder turn away from his "principled conservative" stance. He could be devastating at wielding the left's weapons against them (which he actually edges into at times, I think).

Blogger Dirk Manly January 20, 2017 8:03 AM  

Kekashnikovs

Blogger Dirk Manly January 20, 2017 12:55 PM  

Hitler was a vegetarian. ALWAYS remember that when an SJW or leftist throws the ad hitlerium fallacy at you

Blogger Buybuydandavis January 20, 2017 2:12 PM  

VD: "...can reasonably be described as the political philosophy of failure."

They're not committed to failure per se.

I'd call it the politics of pacifism, which inevitably leads to failure.

The politics that doesn't understand game theory.

Peace is good. Rule of Law is Good. Civility is Good.

But one way cease fire is suicide; one way rule of law is subjection; one way civility is servility

Fighting back, *in kind*, is not immoral. It is a moral imperative.

Fighting back, tit for tat, is what makes peace, rule of law, and civility possible.

Blogger Thucydides January 20, 2017 9:58 PM  

Donald Trump is Republican in name only, he is the leader of the New American Party

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts