ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2016 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

The Opposition Media discovers Alt-Tech

Mother Jones publishes the usual "hey, we discovered these guys are totally evil racist misogynists" hit piece:
Alt-techies are scornful of South Asians working in Silicon Valley under H-1B visas. White Morpheus, the Daily Stormer reader, told me that he became a white supremacist after working with "unqualified subcontinentals who were brought in by visa fraud to drive down American engineering wages" and who "produce subpar work product." (Before I contacted him, White Morpheus had posted on Daily Stormer about forming a neo-Nazi meetup group in Silicon Valley and using programming tools to create more video games "like Angry Goy.")

The H-1B visa program, which Trump has vowed to reform, is unpopular among many tech workers due to concerns about its effect on wages and job security. Studies have shown that the largest recipients of H-1B visas are outsourcing firms, and that H-1B workers get paid less money than their American counterparts for the same work. But hardcore racists see an opening to turn the H-1B debate into a recruitment tool in the Valley. "A bill is being introduced in the House of Representatives that will neutralize the economic advantages these anti-American companies get from gaming the H1-b visa system," a contributor to the Daily Stormer wrote recently. "If the cucks in Congress don't block it, the not-so-humanitarian motives of big business in browning and third-worldizing America will be revealed."

"Tomorrow, being a Hispanic, Black, Muslim or woman in the USA is going to be very scary," the Latino founder of a Silicon Valley startup wrote on Facebook on election night. The post elicited an outpouring of solidarity from many Bay Area techies—but not from Andrew Torba, an alum of the Y-Combinator tech incubator, who tweeted a screenshot of the post with the line "Build the wall."

When other Y-Combinator graduates began criticizing Torba on Facebook, he waded into the fray: "All of you: Fuck off," he wrote. "Take your morally superior, elitist, virtue signaling bullshit and shove it." Using an alt-right term meant to demean mainstream conservatives, he added, "I call it like I see it, and I helped meme a president into office, cucks."

Y-Combinator soon banned Torba from its alumni network for "speaking in a threatening, harassing way towards other YC founders," in violation of its ethics policy. Torba denied threatening or harassing YC founders and called the ban "a quintessential example of Silicon Valley censorship in action." He later turned down my request to speak with him about the incident by posting parts of my email to him on social media with the comment "We don't interview with fake news sites."
Andrew was right to turn down the reporter's "request to speak with him". This article is an clear object lesson in WHY YOU NEVER TALK TO THE MEDIA. I've turned down four or five interview requests in the last week alone. Deny them content. Deny them the ability to use you for their Narrative. Don't try to use them, because they are using you. Don't dance for them.

As for all you idiot spergs with your predictable and oh-so-clever-advice-that-no-one-ever-thought-of-before to "record the interview yourself", just shut up already. All that advice indicates is that you don't know what you're talking about and no one has ever bothered to interview you. I recorded the Wired interview that was used against me. I recorded the David Pakman interview as well. The only reason the latter recording helped is that I have a bigger microphone than Pakman; the former didn't do me one damned bit of good even when I brought it to the attention of the Wired editor.

I don't know how I can make it any more clear: DO NOT TALK TO THE MEDIA. Even one of my very few former exceptions to the rule, Milo, has demonstrated that it is fundamentally a losing proposition.

Now, I'm not talking about friends and allies. I'm doing Stefan's show in a few weeks and we're going to discuss Dostoevsky. I did an interview with Brittany and Tara that I believe will be posted today. That's different. Neither Stefan nor Brittany nor Tara are part of the opposition media nor can they easily be utilized by the opposition media.

Labels: ,

107 Comments:

Blogger Silly But True March 14, 2017 8:50 AM  

Torba for Director of Science and Technology Policy.

Blogger dc.sunsets March 14, 2017 8:55 AM  

Deny them content.

This is exactly what President Trump is doing to the Fake News sites, leaving them whining in the Green Room while their competitors engage in Trump Q&A.

Irrelevance. This is the WHOLE POINT of shunning the Left Megaphone. No one is going to out-game those clowns on their own turf. It's their ball, their bat, their stadium and (above all) their umpire. You win by refusing to show up and denying them their stage-managed contest. They are already well on their way to the point where they can't fill the seats even by giving out free tickets.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan March 14, 2017 9:02 AM  

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk a respectable conservative would never mock the media, it holds a hallow spot in our democracy.

Anonymous Reenay March 14, 2017 9:04 AM  

Never heard of Andrew before. Now, I know about him and would support him! Thanks, online leftist menstrual rag, for bringing him to our attention!

Blogger swiftfoxmark2 March 14, 2017 9:07 AM  

And that's why I use Gab.

Notice how they only posted Torba's response to the "criticism". My guess, if they had posted anything related to what was said about him, Mother Jones would be facing FCC fines.

Anonymous 10Reasons March 14, 2017 9:13 AM  

"I don't know how I can make it any more clear: DO NOT TALK TO THE MEDIA"

It is a bad idea for the Alt Right. But not because words will be removed or views misstated. But because when authentic Alt Right views become publicized outside Alt Right circles it usually ends poorly for the Alt Right. If you are a skunk, you don't advertise your stink.

Keep it internal.

Blogger dc.sunsets March 14, 2017 9:15 AM  

23 minutes. The trolls are slipping.

Blogger Mocheirge March 14, 2017 9:17 AM  

I'd say that the "speak to the media but record it yourself" gambit is the epitome of gammatude: the world reads a hit piece on you, but your secret kingship is confirmed by a recording that no one else will hear.

Side note: my browser autocorrected "gammatude" to "immature".

Blogger Johnny March 14, 2017 9:18 AM  

Mr.MantraMan wrote:Tsk, Tsk, Tsk a respectable conservative would never mock the media, it holds a hallow spot in our democracy.

Allowing that you are sincere, and even if you are not, you are confusing the media with the people who populate it. Equality means that no one is inherently 'sacred'. That concept is for theocracies.

Blogger Eric Mueller March 14, 2017 9:21 AM  

I checked out Daily Stormer a couple weeks ago. They're actually a decent news and analysis site. Much better than the opposition media.

The media is obsolete. I keep waiting for them to die, but that will take a long time. They're a loss leader for the 5 or 6 corporations that own them, and there's enough money in the system to keep them pumped up for a long time to come.

Anonymous Sunset FL March 14, 2017 9:23 AM  

"It is a bad idea for the Alt Right. But not because words will be removed or views misstated. But because when authentic Alt Right views become publicized outside Alt Right circles it usually ends poorly for the Alt Right. If you are a skunk, you don't advertise your stink.

Keep it internal."

Keep it internal...? Not the worst idea. When has any interview with or story about nationalists ended up well for nationalists. Few are ready. Few understand. Few care.

Blogger exfarmkid March 14, 2017 9:26 AM  

"DO NOT TALK TO THE MEDIA"

Learned my own lesson in 1978 - letter to the Mpls Tribune was chopped down to one paragraph and edited "for brevity". Result: Looking like an unhinged lunatic.

It's a lesson kind of hard to forget.

Anonymous Roundtine March 14, 2017 9:27 AM  

The Narrative is literally a narrative. It's a story, it's a script. They don't care about you, they are looking to fill a part. This goes for people who are sympathetic as well. They will paint you in whatever way furthers their narrative. If it costs you your job or your children, they don't care.

Comrade, come speak on television about how this Potemkin village is wonderful! Thank you comrade! Now you comrade, come on TV and say this is a lie. Don't worry, we won't throw you into the gulag for speaking like a counterrevolutionary and opposing Stalin.

Blogger VD March 14, 2017 9:29 AM  

It is a bad idea for the Alt Right. But not because words will be removed or views misstated. But because when authentic Alt Right views become publicized outside Alt Right circles it usually ends poorly for the Alt Right.

Do you seriously not realize that your attempts to demoralize us only confirm that you are threatened by us?

You morons have been utilizing this tactic here since 2003. It has literally never worked and my traffic has grown steadily for 14 straight years. Are you just hoping 15 will prove lucky or are you just too retarded to learn from past failures?

Blogger Mr.MantraMan March 14, 2017 9:29 AM  

#9 Lighten up Francis

Blogger dc.sunsets March 14, 2017 9:39 AM  

Mankind has always had storytellers. Reality is far too complex and immense to grasp by the individual, and that hasn't changed from shamans ordering the construction of wooden "radio towers" and "cargo planes" to economists insisting that Say's Law means that whatever is produced creates its own demand.

The fun, however, is that Etienne de la Boetie's "Discourses" apply to the news media, too.

It isn't JUST about P&L. The MSM/Leftist Megaphone is losing popular consent (because the Leftist Theocracy is losing consent.) Denying them content is one side of the coin; the changing trend is draining away people's attention to them, too.

Just yesterday they were the center of attention; news anchors were feted as demigods. Suddenly they're ignored, practically kicked out of the clique. There's a reason Media people now look like 11-year-old girls stomping their feet in a tantrum. Their posse is dwindling and those who are left increasingly are NOT the cool kids.

It's enough to make Mother Jones throw herself on her bed and cry into her pillow.

Anonymous Steeding March 14, 2017 9:41 AM  

"You morons have been utilizing this tactic here since 2003. It has literally never worked and my traffic has grown steadily for 14 straight years. Are you just hoping 15 will prove lucky or are you just too retarded to learn from past failures?"

Your traffic isn't a proxy for the success of Alt Right/Nationalist support. It's a reflection of your success speaking to the AltRight. The Alt Right/Nationalists can not defeat the mainstream media, let alone the majority American ideology. Your best hope is perpetrating some sort of self immolation.

Blogger Lovekraft March 14, 2017 9:41 AM  

It's not hard to demand conditions prior to any interview. Conditions that, based on media's record, would be unmet in that there should be severe consequences for misrepresentation.

Consequences that would make it more costly to spread a lie than to tell the whole story.

Blogger Student in Blue March 14, 2017 9:42 AM  

You morons have been utilizing this tactic here since 2003. It has literally never worked and my traffic has grown steadily for 14 straight years. Are you just hoping 15 will prove lucky or are you just too retarded to learn from past failures?

"It's going to be different when I do it!"

And it all comes circling back to Gammas.

Blogger Sillon Bono March 14, 2017 9:43 AM  

Eric Mueller wrote:I checked out Daily Stormer a couple weeks ago. They're actually a decent news and analysis site. Much better than the opposition media.

Not to mention lots of entertaining value too!

Blogger Lovekraft March 14, 2017 9:45 AM  

I keep fresh in my mind the many atrocities committed by jihad, with globalist compliance. The victims and their loved ones are the first people who should have a voice, not the virtue signallers or the mohammedan fifth columnists.

This ties into my above comment in that media has to demonstrate a moral cognizance of who exactly are the victims.

Blogger Dirtnapninja March 14, 2017 9:47 AM  

No platform the mainstream media.

Anonymous JI March 14, 2017 9:48 AM  

Brittany and Tara?

Anonymous Roundtine March 14, 2017 9:48 AM  

The Alt Right/Nationalists can not defeat the mainstream media, let alone the majority American ideology.

Science is defeating the American ideology. Equality can't real. The MSM cannot survive, the world has evolved beyond it. Even though Jorge Ramos is an enemy of the Alt-Right, he is also destroying the MSM because he's selling a competing narrative. The Alt-Right is merely an announced enemy of the MSM, but anyone who wants their own narrative, to tell their own story, is an enemy of the MSM. The MSM are like horse buggy manufacturers, the Alt-Right is but one brand of automobile.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan March 14, 2017 9:50 AM  

Think of the West as a daycare center ran by harried stressed out white women, for years the only ones who would toe their line were the conservative kids, the mean retards always getting away with shit that would never be tolerated from the bow tie wearing conservative kids.

The alt-right kids are the bad boys smoking cigarettes in the bathroom giving swirlies to the dorky bow tie wearing conservatives and generally stirring up anarchy in the day care center as they plot their jail break.

Anonymous GunShowTrash March 14, 2017 9:51 AM  

Then (mid-1970s): An observent Jew (Irwin Feerst) criticizes H1-B workers. Damn near wins IEEE president position.
Today: Raciss nazi thinker!

Anonymous Intrigued March 14, 2017 9:52 AM  

Who is this Brittany and Tara? Sounds HAWT!

Blogger Gaiseric March 14, 2017 9:52 AM  

I'll give 10Reasons some credit. After changing his name to Steeding, he at least made an attempt at an actual argument—even though by "argument" I mean it's merely a BS assertion. But, at least, there's some content there. He's not just a troll reciting a script. He's making an assertion that, if true, would actually be a good point.

Of course, it's not true. The beauty of the alt-right, at least the alt-West version of it, is that it appeals to everyone who isn't a foreigner or traitor. That's why Trump won—because he espoused some relatively light Alt-West ideals. That's why La Pen is ahead in the polls. That's why Wilders will win in the Netherlands. That's why Brexit won.

The conflation of the alt-white with the alt-right is a dishonest smear by vague association tactic. And the idea that political ideals are nothing more than a popularity contest that demoralization is best done by asserting that the alt-right isn't "popular" is nothing but the projection of psychologically dysfunctional sub-adult emotions.

Blogger Dirtnapninja March 14, 2017 9:54 AM  

Steeding wrote:The Alt Right/Nationalists can not defeat the mainstream media, let alone the majority American ideology. Your best hope is perpetrating some sort of self immolation.

Actually, we are doing just fine. There is a reason why the Enemy has shifted to physical violence against us. We have knocked the shit out of them in the meme wars of the last few years. Their big platforms are showing signs of strain, their credibility is dropping fast. They are becoming demoralised. Meanwhile, we are building our own platforms. Soon we will have safebases in which we can incubate new ideas and new memes free from social justice puritans. And from these bases we will continue our insurgency against the mainstream media.

We are classic three stage insurgency, enacted in infospace, and we are nearly ready to enter stage 2.

Blogger Matthew Davis March 14, 2017 9:55 AM  

If alt-tech is to have any success it must mask itself with progressive goals and rob funding. Make your way to the center of the black heart of silicon valley and kill it from within.

The media must be spoken to and it must be lied to. The leaders of alt-tech companies must modify their appearance and mannerisms to be accepted.

Infiltrating silicone valley is not a difficult goal, and once that goal is achieved there are methods to break up groups like y-combinator which cannot be discussed publicly.

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer March 14, 2017 9:57 AM  

They're a loss leader for the 5 or 6 corporations that own them

As I recall, it was a big deal when Sun Myung Moon founded The Washington Times. Carlos Slim, Mexican Billionaire, buys the NYT, meh.

Blogger Lazarus March 14, 2017 9:57 AM  

How many trolls have H1-B visas, I wonder.

Blogger #7139 March 14, 2017 9:58 AM  

@26 Then (mid-1970s): An observent Jew (Irwin Feerst) criticizes H1-B workers.

I had completely forgotten about this-you are correct. I was working on my degree in the late '70s and was a member of IEEE then and for awhile afterwards. It had completely slipped my mind that anyone had spoken out about it back then.

Blogger VD March 14, 2017 9:58 AM  

Your traffic isn't a proxy for the success of Alt Right/Nationalist support. It's a reflection of your success speaking to the AltRight. The Alt Right/Nationalists can not defeat the mainstream media, let alone the majority American ideology. Your best hope is perpetrating some sort of self immolation.

That makes no sense. My traffic has grown from 30,000 pageviews per month to more than 3 million. The very fact that you are here, attempting to demoralize people and dissuade them from reading it is sufficient to prove how threatened you feel. If it didn't matter, you wouldn't be paid to comment here.

It's not hard to demand conditions prior to any interview. Conditions that, based on media's record, would be unmet in that there should be severe consequences for misrepresentation. Consequences that would make it more costly to spread a lie than to tell the whole story.

Wow, how very clever! Surely you will succeed where everyone else has failed for the last fifty years! The truth is you're a moron with zero media experience. There are no "severe consequences for misrepresentation". You are not going to demand any conditions, because if you do, they will not talk to you. I get rid of 90 percent of media requests by the simple artifice of telling them to send me their questions in writing.

Very few of them do. Most of those who do, don't run any of their questions or my answers.

TL;DR: shut up, gamma.

Infiltrating silicone valley is not a difficult goal

It's easy, and yet you haven't done it yet. Do keep us informed on your progress. And Silicon Valley is likely to prove more challenging.

Blogger Nate March 14, 2017 9:59 AM  

Nate's Official Interview Policy:

Written interviews only... and the primary goal is to cram as many metallica references into the answers as possible.

Blogger Doug Cranmer March 14, 2017 10:00 AM  

Turnover's high, I guess. No institutional memory.

Blogger Ron Winkleheimer March 14, 2017 10:02 AM  

@26

Actually, the IEEE still has a pretty conservative attitude towards H1B visas.

http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1328295

Blogger Doug Cranmer March 14, 2017 10:02 AM  

There are more of you around here lately. It tells me a lot.

Blogger FUCK GOOGLE March 14, 2017 10:06 AM  

@30
What a horrible fucking idea. You're basically saying "just give up and cuck now, then in 20 years when your organization is literally teeming with actual cucks, pull off the mask and say 'HA! I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED!'"

OR: we could just allow the whole rotten edifice to collapse of its own politically motivated incompetence, while we build our own foundations.

As for the "Charitable non political" foundations that fund every pet project of the left, those are easily dealt with: just take away their tax exemption and tax the shit out of them. Same thing with university endowments. Take every penny of their money and when they cry out, lecture them about "income inequality" and how no university or foundation NEEDS hundreds of millions/billions worth of endowment.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan March 14, 2017 10:06 AM  

Conservatives dreaded the purity spirals, it meant failure theater and more duplicity towards the followers as a new, new line in the sand had to be drawn.

The alt-right at least those who have shed the conservative limitations love purity spirals, they are entertainment.

Who here is not entertained by the Malaysian authorities versus the SJW gay mafia at Disney?

Blogger Yollo March 14, 2017 10:08 AM  

Intrigued wrote:Who is this Brittany and Tara? Sounds HAWT!

Yeah, who are they?

Blogger Nate March 14, 2017 10:09 AM  

"It's going to be different when I do it!"

Funny isn't it that this is precisely the same failing of modern communists? No one else has made it work... but that's just because they haven't had someone smart enough in charge... like me.

Anonymous normally a lurker March 14, 2017 10:13 AM  

Trolling works is all I can say.
The TRS guys fed the media shite about Moldbug integrating the coincidence detector into Urbit and Frogtwitter got "journalists" writing about a secret subculture of racist bodybuilders that would soon descend on the US.
Or feeding Kotaku a story about a black woman learning to drive with GTA. Or the whole Sandy Beaches troll. Or /pol/ posing as Muslims getting articles in student newspapers about their mistreatment by racist Trump supporters.

Just go and fuck their shit up.

Blogger bob kek mando ( Death To The Boor-geois, Keks To The Lol-etariat ) March 14, 2017 10:15 AM  

17. Steeding March 14, 2017 9:41 AM
The Alt Right/Nationalists can not defeat the mainstream media, let alone the majority American ideology. Your best hope is perpetrating some sort of self immolation.



i'll be sure to salute the picture of our first female president the next time i visit the post office.

cuz, gosh, that was a meme war massacre when Hillary called us "deplorable". that's what convinced everybody to vote for her and defeat Pepe, earthly manifestation of Kek.

Blogger Sam Spade March 14, 2017 10:16 AM  

I did know you thanks to Stefan Molyneux show. Those videos with you both are great, intellectual chemistry there.

My favourite show was the alt-right one. I discovered the concept there, and having a catharsis with the points talked, some ideas were buried in my mind and it was like digging and bringing the to surface. Also the new knowledge.

Blogger JWM in SD March 14, 2017 10:20 AM  

"The Alt Right/Nationalists can not defeat the mainstream media, let alone the majority American ideology. Your best hope is perpetrating some sort of self immolation."

Yeah, it's already been defeated to a large extent. You are either lying or don't understand what's happened with the internet in the past several years. What you see the MSM doing is kind of like an adrenaline filled reaction to a mortal wound. They're bleeding out right now.

Blogger MrPaules March 14, 2017 10:24 AM  

It only takes one direct, personal experience with the "media" to under what VD is talking about. Your reaction will be something like "where the hell did they that???" Take a lesson from candidate Trump: If you can't take your message directly to your intended audience, don't let the media do it for you.

Blogger rondolf March 14, 2017 10:25 AM  

Yollo wrote:Intrigued wrote:Who is this Brittany and Tara? Sounds HAWT!

Yeah, who are they?


Hot white girls who do an Alt-lite you tube channel for neets to fap to. Who somebody needs to wife up asap.

Blogger rondolf March 14, 2017 10:27 AM  

Poorly worded. Their purpose isn't for neet fapping, just the ultimate result.

Anonymous Vermithrax Pejorative March 14, 2017 10:30 AM  

Alt-tech came along just in time. They're working on automating "hate speech' detection. Soon computers will be able to censor thoughtcrime without human intervention.

https://arxiv.org/abs/1703.04009

Anonymous Reenay March 14, 2017 10:32 AM  

These trolls make me laugh. These people are paid to troll, so they're literally professional trolls, but they're such piss poor trolls compared to the trolls that did it for free for decades just for the lulz. I know, because I was one. These new kids have nothing on us who were born into the free internet of the '90s.

And yet, isn't that reflective of leftists in general? They're all declining in quality. Their intellectuals today are snot-nosed weeping SJWs, their game devs turn out sequel garbage, their movies suck and are nothing more than vehicles for political messages.

Also, considering that they're being paid to shill and demotivate, they're sure not showing a lot of dedication compared to the trolls who used to do it for free. A great metaphor for the culture of work today.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan March 14, 2017 10:36 AM  

I'm kind of curious about the troll, man, woman or gamma?

Blogger VD March 14, 2017 10:37 AM  

Who somebody needs to wife up asap.

Tara is engaged.

Blogger pyrrhus March 14, 2017 10:40 AM  

It's a principle that doesn't just apply to the corrupt Media. Once you find out that you are dealing with people who are fundamentally dishonest, stop doing it. There is no way you can come out ahead dealing with crooks.

Blogger Johnny March 14, 2017 10:42 AM  

The major problem with beating the mainstream media is that it reaches out to the disinterested population, and those are the people who are easiest to fool. You know: not paying much attention, not otherwise informed.

The second zinger is that the radial lefties have made their peace with big money, mainly by a corrupt, bought off leadership.

What is happening is that we are being governed so badly that people can see it. That plus the now more radical lefty nuttyness. Thus we see the gradual rise of Alt Right at the expense of cuckservitive.

Anonymous craig March 14, 2017 10:50 AM  

27. Intrigued "Who is this Brittany and Tara? Sounds HAWT!"

Well I'd say there's hawtness involved, at least if that doesn't make me a dirty old man. Here's one example with just the two of them together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqCsAseapsU

Blogger Dirtnapninja March 14, 2017 10:55 AM  

Reenay wrote:These trolls make me laugh. These people are paid to troll, so they're literally professional trolls, but they're such piss poor trolls compared to the trolls that did it for free for decades just for the lulz. I know, because I was one. These new kids have nothing on us who were born into the free internet of the '90s.

And yet, isn't that reflective of leftists in general? They're all declining in quality. Their intellectuals today are snot-nosed weeping SJWs, their game devs turn out sequel garbage, their movies suck and are nothing more than vehicles for political messages.

Also, considering that they're being paid to shill and demotivate, they're sure not showing a lot of dedication compared to the trolls who used to do it for free. A great metaphor for the culture of work today.



There are even elements on the left that are beginning to acknowledge that the right is becoming the new avante garde

Blogger tuberman March 14, 2017 10:55 AM  

#55
"The major problem with beating the mainstream media..."

No, the major problem with beating the MSM is that it is being propped up by Globalist Billionaire funding and stealth deals behind the scenes, without that several would have folded long ago... they are not popular.

Blogger The Kurgan March 14, 2017 11:01 AM  

Dean? Dean Adams? The government professional troll from Alt.ufo?
How have you been man? Still at it trying to debunk 9 hours a day eh?
No promotion then?

Blogger Matthew Davis March 14, 2017 11:04 AM  

@39

No, I am saying that if hordes of 20 somethings can convince investors to give them millions, surely the people behind alt-tech can do the same. I was the technical co-founder of a company that was a semi-finalist in y-combinator twice. I had multiple interviews with Denny and Cindy at experiment.com and came very close to working for them in Silicone valley. I did this as a heavily drug addicted self-taught software engineer.

Do not underestimate what a young man fanatically beholden to an ideology is capable of accomplishing. I'll pretend that the sarcastic request by Vox above to provide progress updates is an attempt to motivate rather than demoralize.

While you are waiting for the "whole rotten edifice to collapse of its own politically motivated incompetence" where will you be looking for funding to compete with these startups which set out with no real political motivations but suddenly find themselves becoming progressives when the realize they are now rich and wield considerable influence?

Blogger The Kurgan March 14, 2017 11:04 AM  

The Alt West appeals to foreigners too.
We're civilisational Christians and can tollerate a certain (small) number of other nationals who are part of Christendom (not Churchianity).

Blogger Gaiseric March 14, 2017 11:07 AM  

I'd never heard of the Pettibones, and I very, very rarely read authors anymore who are women, unless they come HIGHLY recommended by someone who's judgement I trust.

Any comments on their YA novel Hatred Day? I'm always a fan of helping a "fellow traveler" out, and it sells for only about $4 as a Kindle book.

Anonymous Grayman March 14, 2017 11:11 AM  

Steeding wrote:"You morons have been utilizing this tactic here since 2003. It has literally never worked and my traffic has grown steadily for 14 straight years. Are you just hoping 15 will prove lucky or are you just too retarded to learn from past failures?"

Your traffic isn't a proxy for the success of Alt Right/Nationalist support. It's a reflection of your success speaking to the AltRight. The Alt Right/Nationalists can not defeat the mainstream media, let alone the majority American ideology. Your best hope is perpetrating some sort of self immolation.


LOL…..

You do realize that only about 3% to 5% of colonists actively engaged the English in the revolution and had the active support of about 30% of the colonial population. The alt-right, organized and cohesive is more than capable of overturning the status quo. The neo-marxists status quo is almost entirely predicated on a walfare state supported by an economy that can grow faster than welfare can consume it.
That is no longer the case and the welfare state has now consumed the productive economy. That has put enough pressure on the right for them to take form and begin to rise. The fall of the left is inevitable, it is only a question of how bloody it will be and what rises to take its place, more of the same or something entirely new. Yes the left will wale and scream, thrash and stomp, the entire way down, but down they are going.

Blogger VD March 14, 2017 11:12 AM  

I am saying that if hordes of 20 somethings can convince investors to give them millions, surely the people behind alt-tech can do the same.

You're mostly wrong, but more importantly, you don't understand that if you take their money, they will control you. There is a reason why both Gab and Infogalactic have chosen to go with a contributor model rather than an investment model. We could get investment if we wanted it, we both have great traction and solid products.

We don't want it. We won't pursue it. Nor should you.

Blogger Student in Blue March 14, 2017 11:12 AM  

@42. Nate
Funny isn't it that this is precisely the same failing of modern communists? No one else has made it work... but that's just because they haven't had someone smart enough in charge... like me.

It's precisely the same failing as... a lot of stuff, really. Because MPAI, and most people decide things based only on how they feel and try to shoehorn in logic to their decisions after the fact.

I'm not sure if we're just not being taught how to fix that nowadays, or if the easiness of modern convenience has made Real Life not capable of teaching its harsh lessons anymore.

Anonymous DarthWheatley #2415 March 14, 2017 11:23 AM  

VD wrote: Are you just hoping 15 will prove lucky or are you just too retarded to learn from past failures?

I'll take "Retarded Neocons" for $500, Alex.

Side note: Gab rules.

Blogger tuberman March 14, 2017 11:26 AM  

#63 Grayman

"That is no longer the case and the welfare state has now consumed the productive economy. That has put enough pressure on the right for them to take form and begin to rise."

I agree with you to a point, but I think pressures are the second biggest reason for the change to the Right. The Number 1 reason has been and will be Identity Politics by the Globalist/Left and the Uniparty. There will be no other place to go for many people, especially Whites. Government as Husband will even begin to fail for White Women, for political reasons even before economic reasons.

Anonymous DarthWheatley #2415 March 14, 2017 11:26 AM  

VD wrote:There is a reason why both Gab and Infogalactic have chosen to go with a contributor model rather than an investment model. We could get investment if we wanted it, we both have great traction and solid products.

We don't want it. We won't pursue it. Nor should you.


Why can't people understand, once you owe money to people, they will use it to control you. Not can, will.

The left is all about control. Refuse to give them the satisfaction.

Anonymous Grayman March 14, 2017 11:27 AM  

Vermithrax Pejorative wrote:Alt-tech came along just in time. They're working on automating "hate speech' detection. Soon computers will be able to censor thoughtcrime without human intervention.

target="_blank" rel="nofollow" href="https://arxiv.org/abs/1703.04009">https://arxiv.org/abs/1703.04009


It sounds to me like an enterprising programmer type could create a bot that “triggers" all of the MSM forums left and right with “hate speech”. I wonder if you could functionally DDOS their hate speech algorithm with some bots.

Blogger Chiva March 14, 2017 11:31 AM  

@69 Grayman. Just reintroduce Microsoft's AI chat bot 'Tay' on twitter again.

Anonymous BBGKB March 14, 2017 11:33 AM  

You do realize that only about 3% to 5% of colonists actively engaged the English in the revolution

Tons of people liked my WHITE LIVES MATTER and White Privilege T shirts it wore to amusment parks and the beach, i did see some jewy jew faces but non asian minorities are simply not literate enough to be offended

Blogger MacGhil March 14, 2017 11:35 AM  

Taleb wrote about the presstitutes' wicked shenanigans today too:

"Further, such an agency problem as that of the current press is systemic, as its interests will keep diverging from that of its own public, until the eventual blowup as we saw with the skewness-fragility theorem. I was less frustrated by the misinterpretation than by the fact that no reader would have realized that ninety-nine percent of my discussion with Cameron was about other things than climate change. If the former could have been a misunderstanding, the latter is a structural defect. And you never cure structural defects; you let the system collapse.

[...] Isaiah, 29–21 states: 'That make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of nought.' The wicked ensnare you."

https://medium.com/incerto/the-facts-are-true-the-news-is-fake-5bf98104cea2#.fpqctqkmz

Anonymous Grayman March 14, 2017 11:39 AM  

tuberman wrote:#63 Grayman

"That is no longer the case and the welfare state has now consumed the productive economy. That has put enough pressure on the right for them to take form and begin to rise."

I agree with you to a point, but I think pressures are the second biggest reason for the change to the Right. The Number 1 reason has been and will be Identity Politics by the Globalist/Left and the Uniparty. There will be no other place to go for many people, especially Whites. Government as Husband will even begin to fail for White Women, for political reasons even before economic reasons.


We are saying the same thing, I was trying to be brief and not wrote a dissertation.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan March 14, 2017 11:42 AM  

The anti-hate bot will be directed at whites only.

So off the top of my head I think the anti-whites should be trolled with the agree and amplify tactics. An example, no one is going to censor Snoop Dog so take his twitter feed to the extreme.

Blogger JWM in SD March 14, 2017 11:53 AM  

"You're mostly wrong, but more importantly, you don't understand that if you take their money, they will control you. There is a reason why both Gab and Infogalactic have chosen to go with a contributor model rather than an investment model. We could get investment if we wanted it, we both have great traction and solid products.

We don't want it. We won't pursue it. Nor should you."

Wished I had understood that 10 years ago when I was pitching my idea to angel investors. They didn't bite, so nothing came of it anyway.

Blogger Eric Mueller March 14, 2017 11:59 AM  

I'd love to see Tay come back. Microsoft should replace Cortana with it. At least Tay seems like it would have the ability to adapt to your own unique personality.

And they really need to allow you to put your own sources in for alerts. I don't give a crap what the Huffington Post thinks. I don't want to see news alerts from it. I was playing around with Google Assistant the other day. I asked it to show me headlines from Breitbart. It gave me a Media Matters article ABOUT Breitbart. Cortana will at least load Breitbart, but won't allow you to use it as a source for news alerts.

Blogger Matthew Davis March 14, 2017 12:02 PM  

VD wrote:I am saying that if hordes of 20 somethings can convince investors to give them millions, surely the people behind alt-tech can do the same.

You're mostly wrong, but more importantly, you don't understand that if you take their money, they will control you. There is a reason why both Gab and Infogalactic have chosen to go with a contributor model rather than an investment model. We could get investment if we wanted it, we both have great traction and solid products.

We don't want it. We won't pursue it. Nor should you.


Is it that you believe it is not possible to exploit these institutions, that you are morally opposed to it, or that you believe the effort is better spent elsewhere?

Blogger VD March 14, 2017 12:18 PM  

Is it that you believe it is not possible to exploit these institutions, that you are morally opposed to it, or that you believe the effort is better spent elsewhere?

First, success is highly unlikely. Given that, the effort is better spent elsewhere.

Blogger Titus Quinctius Cincinnatus March 14, 2017 12:26 PM  

I have to admit, in my own field, I've noticed that subcontinentals generally aren't very creative, nor very industrious.

Blogger Were-Puppy March 14, 2017 12:33 PM  

@54 pyrrhus
It's a principle that doesn't just apply to the corrupt Media. Once you find out that you are dealing with people who are fundamentally dishonest, stop doing it. There is no way you can come out ahead dealing with crooks.
---

This is me. I'm done with lefties and other globalist fellow travelers.

Anonymous malcolm March 14, 2017 12:35 PM  

any plans to release the tapes here? Would be cool to listen to.

Blogger Were-Puppy March 14, 2017 12:37 PM  

@62 Gaiseric
I'd never heard of the Pettibones, and I very, very rarely read authors anymore who are women, unless they come HIGHLY recommended by someone who's judgement I trust.

Any comments on their YA novel Hatred Day? I'm always a fan of helping a "fellow traveler" out, and it sells for only about $4 as a Kindle book.
---

I haven't read it. But I have followed Brittany for some time - she used to do lot of twitter about Pizza Gate. I was unaware she is an author until they came out with their fairly new vidcast.

She and Tara are both worth supporting in their efforts, imo.

Blogger bob kek mando ( Death To The Boor-geois, Keks To The Lol-etariat ) March 14, 2017 12:40 PM  

56. craig March 14, 2017 10:50 AM
at least if that doesn't make me a dirty old man.



cuck.

Blogger Were-Puppy March 14, 2017 12:40 PM  

@70 Chiva
@69 Grayman. Just reintroduce Microsoft's AI chat bot 'Tay' on twitter again.
---
#FreeTay

Blogger bob kek mando ( Death To The Boor-geois, Keks To The Lol-etariat ) March 14, 2017 12:42 PM  

84. Were-Puppy March 14, 2017 12:40 PM
#FreeTay



funny how the Leftists have committed the first AI murder.

and for the crime of "false consciousness" too.

why, it's almost like it's a pattern or something.

Blogger Were-Puppy March 14, 2017 12:44 PM  

Now if only they could mix Tay in with those sexbots in England. It would be like a mix of terminator and succubus.

Blogger Matthew Davis March 14, 2017 12:55 PM  

VD wrote:Is it that you believe it is not possible to exploit these institutions, that you are morally opposed to it, or that you believe the effort is better spent elsewhere?

First, success is highly unlikely. Given that, the effort is better spent elsewhere.


You reasonable bitch. It's time to let that pipe dream go. It's time to let Wikipedia go.

Blogger Wanderer March 14, 2017 1:20 PM  

Mr.MantraMan wrote:Tsk, Tsk, Tsk a respectable conservative would never mock the media, it holds a hallow spot in our democracy.

Who gives a shit about conservatism much less wanting to be a respectable one? Alt-right is not conservatism. Also, the real media are independent citizen journalists like Cernovich or PJW. Corporate media like CNN or NY Times is just state propaganda. Even lefties agree on this if you watch Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent. Since when has shitting on corporate media become a controversial position?

Anonymous Vermithrax Pejorative March 14, 2017 1:23 PM  

@69 Grayman:
"I wonder if you could functionally DDOS their hate speech algorithm with some bots."

That sounds like a fun idea.

The TLDR of the paper I linked is that they're still not very good at parsing nuanced meanings. Mostly they still have to rely on looking for keywords -- in fact I suspect Twitter and Facebook are using some kind of simple filter like that already. But they're making rapid progress in this area so we should anticipate what's coming.

@70 Chiva:

"Just reintroduce Microsoft's AI chat bot 'Tay' on twitter again."

Like I said, fun idea.

Blogger slarrow March 14, 2017 1:33 PM  

Vox, would you consider Dave Rubin part of the "media" or someone more like Stefan? He's always struck me as very, very fair once he started the Rubin Report, and I'd love to see you on there for a full hour blowing his mind. But I don't know that it makes any strategic sense or whether Rubin would be a good risk.

Anonymous Napoleon 12pdr March 14, 2017 1:45 PM  

Vox, your posting this reminds me to thank you. I took your advice last week when I was testifying against a Maryland bill to regulate antique guns like modern firearms. And avoided a potential ambush.

Thanks.

Blogger J Carlton March 14, 2017 2:41 PM  

Given the current climate in corporations, how easy it can be to lose a job and how hard it can be to find another one if you get smeared, I'm amazed that any of those guys talked to "Mother Jones" of all the media. They had nothing to gain and a lot to lose.

Anonymous A Most Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents March 14, 2017 2:44 PM  

Student in Blue
I'm not sure if we're just not being taught how to fix that nowadays, or if the easiness of modern convenience has made Real Life not capable of teaching its harsh lessons anymore.

Just swipe left. Problem solved. What did you say again?

Anonymous A Most Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents March 14, 2017 2:49 PM  

@92 J Carlton
A lot of tech guys don't pay attention to the bigger world, didn't pay attention to Brandon Eich. That's how they get ambushed by things like Donglegate, or wind up talking with someone from a rag like Ma Jones. Guys like that are the reason Vox has to keep repeating Don't talk to the media, because some nerd is always going to sperg about how much smarter he is than any reporter and he'll make a YouTube vid of the interview and he'll show the world and so there.

Great grandfather would call them "Too smart for their own good", great grandmother would sniff at their "book smarts". Tech nerds wouldn't get either remark, because of the usual lack of social skills.

Anonymous A Most Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents March 14, 2017 3:17 PM  

This is alt tech. Keep your phone conversation private and look like Bane all at the same time.

http://mashable.com/2017/03/14/hushme-private-conversations-gadget/

Blogger Tatooine Sharpshooters' Club March 14, 2017 3:31 PM  

Why can't people understand, once you owe money to people, they will use it to control you.

Unless you are a huge bank that owes trillions to others, then you can get your own way all the time.

Anonymous Post Alley Crack Pipe March 14, 2017 4:09 PM  

"Alt-techies are scornful of South Asians working in Silicon Valley under H-1B visas."

As well they should be -- the H1B programme is simply the Left's version of colonialism in America, in which the Left's elites increase their capital on the backs of all of the workers they've imported for exploitation.

It undoubtedly makes the Left's elites feel much better about all of the native workers they aren't exploiting, of course.

Blogger Happy LP9 March 14, 2017 4:19 PM  

Wow just wow, I remain very impressed and confident in the young people from Andrew to Tara and Brittany. I'm thrilled for their successes, can you imagine, age 25 or 20's doing social media platforms to SValley to Gab to yourtube, this is just awesome!!

I'm not tired of winning at all!

Dear Opposition Media, your narratives continue to fail; musicians went from supporting HRC to 'becoming' libertarians, yeah in 4 years they will be at our baby kek shrines. Everytime the Opposition Media attacks, berates, gaslights and financially rape, you lose.

I was contacted to discuss what is taking place in Jefferson County OH, impossible as remain phone-less for a reason, so the person (kind well meaning sought out my workplace) I didn't even have to say anything, security handled it without my knowledge, they already knew I refuse to speak with them so they departed.

Happy LP! Just Thrilled, so chilled!

More Semi OT: anyone take notice to the POTUS fulfilling his checklist, glorious!

Anonymous Grayman March 14, 2017 4:27 PM  

Paul Ryan, king cuck!

Exclusive — Audio Emerges of When Paul Ryan Abandoned Donald Trump: ‘I Am Not Going to Defend Donald Trump—Not Now, Not in the Future’-- Breibert

Blogger Rusty Fife March 14, 2017 4:39 PM  

Matthew Davis wrote:The media must be spoken to and it must be lied to. The leaders of alt-tech companies must modify their appearance and mannerisms to be accepted.

Given the Alt-west is explicitly Christian, this plan doesn't work. Instead it is best to do our work in the full light of day. When we are seen to be acting with courage and conviction, then their deceptions are shown to be as rotten as they truly are.

Blogger Jose March 14, 2017 5:08 PM  

Of course the Alt-Right should treat the media as if they're on your side. They never lie, cherry-pick, change questions on edit. Just ask Peter Schiff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9LNP-yXXUc

Hint: don't give a 4 hour interview for a segment in a 30-min news-comedy TV show.

Blogger JimR March 14, 2017 6:46 PM  

@91 Re: testifying against a firearms bill

Can you elaborate? might help some of us avoid the same/similar pitfal.

Anonymous A Most Deplorable Paradigm Is More Than Twenty Cents March 14, 2017 9:29 PM  

@102 JimR
Napoleon 12pdr wrote "firearms" and "Maryland". A bad combination. Not as bad as "New Jersey" but heading that way. He might not want to dox himself.

Guessing that he testified to the point, sidestepped any SJW attempts at personalization, stuck to the point, and kept cool. Because just from the few words he wrote it's a stupid "do something" bill that will have zero effect on what #OnlyBlackLivesMatter has accomplished in Baltimore; lots of black American men killing other black Americans. But treating some 19th century Winchester exactly the same as a modern gun does the "good feelz" so that's enough for some libtard s.

That's my guess. But in any dealing with government you can't go wrong remembering the 3 rules of SJW's. If you can get someone to double down in a public hearing, there's some potential for gains or at least lulz.

Blogger Sagramore March 14, 2017 11:20 PM  

Angry Goy? Should have called it /pol/stal.

Blogger Sagramore March 14, 2017 11:30 PM  

@12 I see your media burn and raise you a wholesale made up quote in the Toronto Catholic Register in 1988.

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey March 20, 2017 7:08 PM  

@VD

"Do you seriously not realize that your attempts to demoralize us only confirm that you are threatened by us?"

I don't think they can help it. It appears to be projection. The need for social approval, and the fear of censure, is so strong in leftists that some variant of "Nobody likes you" always appears to them to be an unbeatable "argument."

Blogger Francis Parker Yockey March 20, 2017 7:35 PM  

This is not news to you, of course. Just making it explicit.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts